To decide on my printing process I took into account many factors. My the prints were to illustrate my ability to paint, in doing this I wanted a process that captures the detail and plays to the paintings strengths. Additionally, designing for a garment meant the need for efficiency in time, large scale printing and shape consideration.

To utilise the fabric, I worked with fashion to arrange the garment shapes accordingly, considering the prints sustainability. 

Having limited experience in digitally printing for garment construction, I learnt that the garment shapes could warp and change shape. This is because the fabric is woven and unlike printing onto normal paper, the fabric needs to be steamed and washed and these processes effect the fabrics structure.

To reduce the chances of shapes being warped too much to work with, myself and the print technician Neil decided to expand the while document. This gave space for the shapes to warp without casing too much of an issue as the shapes would be recut over the top of the larger shape. 

To avoid this I could have contacted Neil before my designing process to check if I was designing fit for digital print purposes. However relying on the suggestion from the other fashion students in my group and not having a lot of time to work with, it was a learning curve.

Taking this forward, if I was to use digital print for fashion outcomes in the future, I will develop my prints into squares/ rectangles for the shapes to be cut out of afterwards. This will ensure that the shapes are precise.